Economic Cluster Manager – Cluster Management is one of MTEM’s core functions to resonate the Malay entrepreneur involvement in the main/key economic sector. The most important task is to analyze data, information and understand the development and trends and policy of the current economic cluster dynamics.
To plan, organize, Implement and control strategic and operational function of MTEM’s economic cluster department. This includes the management of internal and external stakeholders and the maintenance of the economic database and preparation of proposals, reports and management updates.
- Responsible to plan and implement economic cluster strategy that includes meetings, events, programs and other cluster/s activities
- Liaison and communication with Government agencies and other parties to develop plans, proposals, ventures and others to achieving economic cluster outcome
- To plan, coordinate and implement initiatives and activities to promote the economic cluster
- To proactively ensuring the sustainability of the economic cluster programs
- Monitoring economic trends and patterns on issues related to the Malay economy
- Planning, designing and conducting research to study the various Malay economic spectrum
- To proactively prompt, update and advice MTEM on current business affairs that includes policies, opportunities and other interventions (domestic and international) that affects the cluster activities
- As a secretariat head to the economic cluster meetings and responsible to plan, manage, coordinate and ensure all meetings decisions are recorded and protocols are followed
- Responsible to maintain and develop economic cluster database
- To maintain and ensure all economic cluster records are in order and updated accordingly
- Preparation and editing of articles, write-ups, executive reports and half/full-year reporting
- Rapport building with relevant MTEM’s stakeholders
- To develop MTEM economic resource library (digital & physical)
- Accomplishes economic cluster department mission and related results as needed.
Business/Economic Degree or Master’s or equivalent. Excellent command in English language both oral and written. Good stakeholder management skill and network. Quantitative analysis, IT skills, business writing & reporting, applied research, micro & macro economy knowledge, good business networking, informative & resourceful, good inter-personal skills. Ability to produce international standard report and proposals.
Interested Candidates should submit a passport size photo, completed resume and cover letter which includes current& expected salary and referrals, by 10 February 2013 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Majlis Tindakan Ekonomi Melayu
Aras 2, No. 33 & 35, Jalan Medan Setia 1
Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-20952450 Fax: 03-20951314
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com